Thursday, August 19, 2010

Date Night

I know I haven't been sharing any of my favorite date night spots, but I got behind and it just seemed like too much work, but I had a salad on Tuesday night that spurred me into telling you all about a spot that I just love. It's called the Volunteer Park Cafe. It's on Capital Hill. It's a charming old store that was converted into my perfect kind of restaurant, great food, my favorite kind of atmosphere (it's casual and unpretentious, yet feels like someone really thought about the interior and decor - and there's outside dining).

I found this place because a friend of Charlie's told me about their cookies and now Abby and I frequently go to Volunteer Park, check out the really cool conservatory, play on the toys, walk around and check out the koi pond and dahlia garden and then get a cookie, but now I love Volunteer Park even more because it offers 3 possible reasons to go: 1) apparently they have amazing brunch - I can verify that the menu looks good, but haven't tried it. 2) The cookies and coffee are really good and if you have a little one, the cookies + coffee and the park make for a fun afternoons and 3) the dinner is really great and if you go you must order the bread salad. Hands down the best bread salad I've ever had.

No comments: