Saturday, November 27, 2010

The tree is up!

We are going all out this year. We put up the tree (and it's a real one this year!) and we got a menorah.... I'm telling you, things are really coming together! We had so much fun driving out the tree farm and picking out our tree with the Graves family. We're making it a tradition for sure. Anyone have a tree farm they love? The one we went to is fine, but I think there's probably a better one out there. Oh and while I'm surveying the crowd, I'm also taking recommendations on how to keep a toddler away from the tree. Abby is obsessed with the lights and the ornaments. I'm just hoping we can make it to Christmas without her pulling down the tree. :)









4 comments:

Michelle said...

your dad and I put the tree in a playpen - looked weird but worked like a charm!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Abby looks like she is ready to open presents, not just play with the tree :) And, love Sammy Doodles fancy haircut!!

Janet said...

our tree was always in front of the window like yours. Bill used to take fishing line and tie it about ten inches from the top of the tree and then tie it to the drapery rod. I put the kid ornaments on the bottom and all was well!

Melissa and Charlie said...

Good idea. I have all the kid ornaments at the bottom, I'm just worried one will get stuck and my determined little Abby will keep pulling until the tree comes with it. Thanks Janet!