Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby Room Excitement

I've started decorating the nursery... it's been SO much fun already. So far I have some bedding and some artwork. I still need furniture, drapes, a rug... lots of stuff, but I have a pretty good start. I found some adorable artwork on Etsy and the perfect bedding on sale. Charlie told me that I should wait till January to buy anything, but the bedding was on sale and never would have lasted till January and the artwork is one of a kind and may have sold before January so I ignored his rules and went with my gut. I think he picked January just to test my patience anyway, so my patience loses again, oh well, our baby's room will be cute!

Notice that the Pottery Barn picture shows the crib in black. I think it looks very striking, but I can't decide if I'm ready for black baby furniture. What do you think? Also, one wall is going to be painted with chalkboard paint. I saw it in a Domino magazine profile that showed the designer for J Crew's baby's room and she had a whole wall painted as a chalkboard, we may just go for a stripe, but I haven't made any definitive decisions yet. Anyway, just wanted to share my progress. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




These are mobiles but I emailed the artist and she said that they work well in frames too. I'd love to frame them without backing so that the pale yellow wall shows through the back. I may hang one mobile too just for variety.


Here's the bedding. So cute!

No comments: