Monday, November 3, 2008

My husband the rock star...


I got Charlie an X Box for his birthday this year... before I bought it, I did think I wonder if he'll play it ALL the time and I'll regret this? So, I'm glad to report that in the almost 4 weeks that he has had it, he's shown remarkable restraint, AND we have one game that we play together. It's called Rock Band and we have formed a band: Doodle Romp (named after, you guessed it, Sammy Doodle Malley and the bi-weekly gathering of Doodles at the dog park that we always seem to miss). Anyway, Charlie is really good at the guitar and the drums. I lack a lot of skill, but make up for it in enthusiasm. We have a great time and love to have guests over to ROCK with us. I do hope that all of you can make some time to come over and play a gig with us. To incite you even further, I'm including this action shot from a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What do you mean, "I lack a lot of skills?" You took TWO WHOLE YEARS of violin. Oh wait a minute, you HAD a violin for two whole years!! I want to come and rock out because I took three years of violin and I know I could play a twisted version of Little Brown Jug.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

We had such a great time, and I think this should be the cover of their upcoming Rock Band CD. I still can't get over the boys working up a sweat from their intense practice ...

Also, you were being modest and forgot to tell everyone what an amazing singer you were that night!