Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Favorite Quick Dinner


I was on jury duty for the last two days. It was completely pointless, all I did was sit in a room for 2 and a 1/2 days. I would estimate that there were probably 150 other people there with me. About 3 times on the first day they called the names of 30 people at a time to form 3 potential juries. Out of these 3 groups only 1 of those groups ever went up to a courtroom and after lunch on the second day they let all the other people go... so about 90 of the people there all left without doing anything. Very frustrating. If you ever are called to jury duty, whatever you do, don't forget your book.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if my schedule would be as accommodating to cooking dinner as usual while on jury duty so last night we had my favorite quick dinner, grilled cheese and tomato soup. This may seem boring to you, but I promise it is delicious if you use two of my new favorite things:
1) Beecher's Marco Polo Cheese
According to Beechers: Marco Polo takes lightly milled green and black Madagascar peppercorns and blends them with our creamy cheese. The result is cheese with bite and texture, sophisticated yet approachable. According to me: AWESOME with tomato soup!
2) Manoucher Bread
This bread cost way more than the other breads, but it's worth it, especially if you are only having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner.

For soup we just use a can of soup. I like wolfgang pucks. Anyway, I just love this cheese and bread so I thought that I would tell all of you about it.

No comments: