Saturday, May 29, 2010

Drowning my sorrows...

Thank God Abby didn't inherit my weather obsession.


I am beside myself. It's cold. It's raining.... AND THEY SAID TOMORROW WAS GOING TO BE NICE AND NOW IT'S NOT!! Oh Rich Marriott. How could you do this to me? How could you tell me that it was going to be 67 and mostly sunny and now there's a 40% chance of rain and high of 61. Yuck. I know I'll get over it, but for now I'm drowning my sorrows with a cocktail Charlie made for our BBQ tomorrow. You should make it too. It's so good and it will be SO refreshing and wonderful if the sun ever gets here.

Earl Grey Martini
fresh lemon juice
honey
water
Earl Grey tea–infused Tanqueray gin (see recipe below)

Steep 4 TBL of loose earl grey in a bottle of gin for 2 hours or so. Strain it through a coffee filter. Disolve a tablespoon or so of honey in water and add lemon juice (I used 1/2 a lemon for one drink). Pour in some of your infused gin and add lots of ice.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't even want to being to think about the weather. Mentally I'm enjoying this long weekend in Palm Springs - right now its 93 degrees and sunny, tomorrow, even better - 100 degrees! Thank God for air conditioning otherwise I'd be miserable. Oh, wait a minute, I am miserable.