Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Post Date Wrap-Up

Last night we were going to try Emmer and Rye, but Abby decided not to go to sleep and since she is my most beloved and I have an active imagination I decided that we better go someplace close by and make it quick because this was Abby's first time with a babysitter that she's not blood related to!! Of course she was a dream the whole time (even though it was 90 minutes past her bedtime) and we could have gone wherever we wanted... Oh well, it really wasn't a big deal, especially because our close-by-back-up-plan is Frank's and as you know, I love Frank's. This time though I am providing details and pictures so you'll know why exactly I love Frank's and you can decide for yourself whether you also need to make a trip.

The Food:

I loved the English pea soup with pork belly confit & paprika oil - I ordered soup and salad because I felt like getting something a little lighter and I might do it again because this soup was SO good. There's something about pea soup that is so smooth and almost buttery that I really can't get enough of. Oh, and the pork belly was also to die for.


Charlie ordered this drink, the High Tea (Earl Grey tea infused Bombay gin, honey, lemon) that was amazing. I don't usually get too excited about cocktails, but this was worthy of excitement.


Charlie had the buttermilk fried chicken and I only got one or two bites, but it was awesome. The biscuits were delicious too. My mom always made biscuits growing up and these were every bit as good, plus they came with honey butter (I'm a sucker for flavored butter).


We shared the crab louie lettuce cups and they were good, but a little messy and I think I would have just preferred a crab louie salad. I also had the bibb lettuce salad with green goddess dressing, roasted tomatoes and locally smoked bacon. Charlie gets this salad almost every time we come and I could no longer be satisfied with just a couple bites of his, so I got my own and I think I will have to again, because it's just that good.

No comments: