Friday, May 7, 2010

New Favorite Recipe: Wasabi Guacamole Salmon Burgers with Asian Slaw

Yesterday I wandered into the Trident store in Ballard and found some amazing Salmon burgers. They are frozen and you don't have to defrost them, they cook up fast and are delicious. I also happened to be browsing though my Epicurious app on my phone and was inspired by an Asian guacamole recipe. I can't remember what it was called, but I thought it sounded delicious so I made my own to go with the salmon burgers. I'm calling it Wasabi Guacamole Salmon Burgers with Asian Slaw. So good, pretty healthy and a nice new twist on plain old burgers!

Wasabi Guacamole Salmon Burgers with Asian Slaw

Salmon Burger - just buy the frozen ones from Trident (I got them in Ballard at their store, but I think you can get them at Costco too maybe)

Wasabi Guacamole - all these measurements are approximations, so add more or less depending on your preference
2 avocado
Juice of a lime
2 tsp wasabi paste
1-2 tsp sesame oil
1-2 tsp mirin
1-2 tsp rice vinegar
finely chopped fresh ginger (maybe a pebble size knob)
1 clove garlic finely chopped or better yet use your micro grater
black sesame seeds
1-2 tbl chopped cilantro

Asian Slaw
red cabbage
carrot
1-2 tbl of your guacamole
rice vinegar
sesame oil
lime juice
onion
cilantro

Use the guacamole plus some oil and vinegar to make a dressing. Add the other ingredients.

I recommend a small bun (I love the sandwich thins because you don't want a lot of bread with this) and pile that salmon burger high with slaw and guac. It's pretty messy, so you might want a knife and fork.

No comments: