Friday, August 8, 2008

Pluots


I got my Full Circle Farm delivery yesterday and inside was a new fruit discovery: Pluots. I'm not much of a fruit lover. I like fruit sliced and easy to eat and most fruit is sticky and you have to sink your teeth right into it and something about that bothers me. I rather have a nice carrot or broccolli most of the time... but I'm happy to say that I now have to eat fruit because of my organic produce delivery and it's a good thing. I just discovered that I really like Pluots. It's a cross between a plum and an apricot. It's more like a plum than an apricot and they are one of the best natural resources of vitamin A. So go out and get some pluots today!
We also have 2 apple trees, a pear tree, a plum tree and 2 peach trees at the new house so it's a good thing I'm warming to the idea of eating more fruit now because we will soon have a house FULL of fruit.

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I just learned what a pluot was last week from the PCC Natural Market. I absolutely love them and even more so than a plum! I left the market calling my friends saying, "Do you know what a pluot is...you have to try one." hah!