Friday, August 8, 2008

Restaurant Review: Joule


I love trying new restaurants and a couple weeks ago Charlie and I tried Joule on Wallingford. I had heard good things about it and it just so happened that we were on our way to a party nearby so we stopped in and tried it. I'm not sure how to classify the food but I know that the chef had a Korean French fusion restaurant before she opened this one and I don't know that I tasted or saw anything French, but many of the dishes we got seemed at least sort of Korean. It doesn't really matter though, all that matters is that it was GOOD. Since we were headed to a party after dinner we decided to get a selection of small plates to share, so I can't really tell you if the entrees are that good, but we each got 3 "small" plates (that weren't really that small if you ask me) and all of them were good and a couple really knocked my socks off. If you go, you must get the bacon salad with corn and cilantro, this bacon was more like slices of delicious thick, salty meat - the best salad I've ever had. Also the spicy beef soup was a big hit. We ate at the bar overlooking the chefs. I love to do that, it's such a great opportunity to see all the food going out! So to sum it up, we really liked this place and I will go back. It's really close to Tilth another "trendy" Wallingford spot and between the two of them, I'd choose Joule any day.

http://www.joulerestaurant.com/

No comments: