Friday, July 24, 2009

New Window!


Our house got all new windows this week. I have to admit, windows as a home improvement project, would have been at the bottom of my list if I was in charge, so I was a little bored by the idea of new windows, but now that they're in... I love them! It's so quiet in our house and although it's been dramatically cooler the last few days so it's hard to really tell, I think it actually will be cooler than before. We'll see next week when it's supposed to be in the mid-90's...

The other exciting thing is that we will soon have a new window in our bedroom. I don't know what they were thinking in 1939 when they built our house, but it definitely needed a window on both sides of the bed. So we're having one put in. Of course they opened up the wall and found electrical wiring so we're about 4 weeks out from having an actual window, but I know it's going to be worth the wait!

No comments: