Sunday, July 19, 2009

We love summer!




Somehow I have become a photographer... well, maybe it's more accurate to just say I take A LOT of pictures of Abby, and I am often the family photographer. As a result there are very few pics of Abby and I together. This weekend I finally got Charlie behind the camera and here are a few pics of Abby and I waiting for our guest to arrive for a little fiesta.

We used our summer organic produce delivery to make pork chops with peaches glazed in honey and bourbon, ice tea with plums and thyme (from my herb garden!) and cherries for a quick little sauce for Trader Joe's cheesecake... so good!

Ice Tea with Plums and Thyme

Make some black tea and add a little honey, chill it, add sliced plums and some thyme sprigs. Serve over ice. I liked it even more when I added a slice of lemon and a splash of simple syrup, but I like things sweet.

We also had margaritas, they looked so pretty I had to take a picture.

No comments: