Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve...


Yay! Christmas Eve is finally here! I wonder what I'm getting for Christmas???


Hurry! Let's go to church so we can come home and open our Christmas Eve present!!


Oh boy! Abby's first present!


Jammies!! Wow! What a surprise!

Some people would probably say we're lucky, we get to have a leisurely Christmas Eve doing whatever we want, but when I was a kid, Christmas Eve was a busy, exciting day that necessitated a nap in the afternoon just to ensure that you would be able to stay up late for the party! I miss that. Now it's feels like any other Thursday night.

In an effort to generate some Christmas Eve excitement, Abby and I got dressed up and went to church. I'd like to say it filled me with a feeling of Christmas cheer and good will, but honestly, I mostly felt jealous of all the families who were there with Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles, all dressed up and excited to head out to a family party afterwards. Well, enough of my pity party, I got to come home to a quiet, cozy house and a husband who had not only cleaned up, but had a fire going and a bottle of sparkling wine chilling in the freezer. Not the Christmas Eve of my memories, but certainly not a bad one and Abby got to open her first present too. So although I was longing for a different Christmas Eve, I think I ended up with something pretty close to perfect.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I miss that kind of Christmas eve too!