Monday, December 14, 2009

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

We spent the past four days in San Francisco, mostly to visit Charlie's family, but also to get out of town, maybe see a little blue sky and sunshine... but instead, in a cruel twist of fate, the weather here is Seattle was sunny and the weather in SF was rainy. Not just a little rainy, but constant, sideways, down pour.

I'd like to tell you that this didn't bother me and I took it in stride, but it did bother me (a lot) especially since I generally get very obsessed and a little pessimistic about the weather forecast before I go on vacation (I think it gives me a little time to be crabby about the weather before I'm stuck in a hotel with loved ones) but this time I saw the forecast and thought, how much can it really rain? Well, never again! I am going back to my old ways... I think being sad about the weather before your vacation is much better than being sad about the weather during your vacation!

At least now I know and the next time someone tells me not to worry about it that "worrying doesn't help at all" I'll secretly know that it does help me!


Abby visiting with Great Grandmere. Definitely a highlight of the trip.


Abby looking cute and bundled up, ready for a trip outside.


Abby playing in the hotel. It was a big room and that saved us from really going crazy.




Yesterday morning was actually pretty nice, so we went out and enjoyed some of the views from outside our hotel.

No comments: