Saturday, June 28, 2008

Glassybaby Mania


I went to the glassybaby seconds sale last weekend and it was mayhem. I was prepared for chaos, but I didn't expect the level of excitement and pushing and shoving that was the glassybaby second sale. I got there about 45 minutes before the sale started and I was the last person in line before the line turned the corner to start circling the block. Once it was my turn inside the little studio shop I got a box and had to find my way through the crowd to the different colors set on each table. The smart, veteran glassybaby ladies all had handy tuperware boxes of their own. I was jealous. I went in without a plan or color scheme and it was a mistake, I was immediately overwhelmed by other people's beautiful collections of colors and there was NO time to figure out what colors I like best, so I picked a hodgepodge of color. It may not be a martha stewart collection, but it's certainly festive - oh and some of them are definitely seconds because they don't "glow" like a glassybaby should, so if I ever go again I'm going to be like those totally intense ladies with flashlights so I can figure out which glassybabies glow and which ones are duds... for now I'm pleased as punch with my collection of glassybaby rejects. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I apologize, If I'd been truly a 'good mother' I would have instructed you in the finer details of "Glass Baby seconds frenzy." You would know then to bring a flashlight with you. Live and learn.