Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lemons and pots and plants, oh my!


Today I am going shopping for pots with my Mom's bff B-Z. She is a buyer for a store and therefore has access to a fancy pot store that Swansons and Ravenna Gardens and all the local gardening stores get their fancy pots from. I am thrilled because I always longingly walk by the Ravenna Gardens pot displays and quickly walk away before I can convince myself that $100 (or sometimes even more!) is a reasonable price for a pot. Soon I will be walking by with a big smile knowing that I got myself a deal on some of those same pots! I love a good bargain! My plan is to buy a tall pot for the front porch to go with a small squat one that I already have and maybe a couple more for the back deck, and if I can find something perfect then one for my living room to add a little indoor life to that room. I have already set my sights on a plant for the living room. It's ambitious for a novice gardener like me, but I'm motivated so I think I can make it work. Hopefully sometime this winter you will visit us and find that we have our very own, fruit producing, meyer lemon tree! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing? Apparently they smell good too! Love the smell of lemons... These trees come with a 3 year warranty too so that's bolstering my confidence quite a bit :)

1 comment:

fragment G said...

Lemon tree very pretty
Lemon smell very sweet

But the fruit of the lemon
Is impossible to eat