Monday, March 15, 2010

"My they sure do like ketchup..."

This is a famous quote from a Cougan family story that's been told over and over. Here's the quick version: Kelsey and I are babies and my parents are young and look even younger. As a treat we go to some fish and chips restaurant and after eating something healthy (or so I assume) Kelsey and I gorge ourselves on straight ketchup. Just as we're perfectly covered in ketchup and look like sticky ragamuffins, some snotty older lady says "My they sure do like ketchup" and gives my parents a disapproving once over and walks away. My parents had to laugh and probably still do because we spent our whole childhood eating ketchup often and on pretty much anything my Mom would let us put it on. Anyway, this quote has come up again and again and I think Abby may have been listening and waiting for her chance to get some of that ketchup and just like you'd expect, this baby sure likes ketchup!!





1 comment:

Michelle said...

One of my favorite memories, thanks for bringing me a smile! And it begs the adage; like mother, like daughter!