Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10 Months Old!


Abby turned 10 months old on the 13th! I can't believe she'll be 1 in two short months... it just doesn't seem possible for time to go this fast. Abby is a delight. She loves people and smiles a lot. Pretty much every adult we see asks me "is she always this happy?. Of course she's not always the happiest baby you've ever seen, but she is most of the time, so I think we are pretty lucky to have such a darling little sunshine to wake up with every morning!

She is crawling and exploring as fast as her little arms and legs will take her and lately she loves to crawl up the stairs. I crawl behind her and it's fun to listen to her excitement as she gets closer and closer to the top. She also loves to walk behind her little shopping cart. She did stand for a few seconds unsupported the other day, but I think we're a ways off from real standing or walking, since I can't get her to do it again.

She continues to think that Sammy is the best toy in the whole world and for now Sammy continues to indulge her. She is getting a little picky with her food... I'm distressed since I love to cook and try new foods and am already conjuring up visions of having to make noodles and butter every night or something similarly boring so Abby won't starve. She does have some favorites: mangoes, toast, and cheese. Pretty much everything else gets spit out. We're working on it...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

not sure she could ever, ever be more perfect - I love my little Abby granddaughter!