Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


After going to bed at 6:30 and letting her parents live it up for most of the night, this little party animal woke up for the big midnight countdown. When I brought her downstairs she was fully stunned for about 5 minutes... I wonder if she thinks we have a house full of party guests every night while she's asleep?


Abby's first New Year's kiss.


Happy New Year!


This is a babysafe toy, right? (I promise she only played with this for a second so I could get some festive shots)

We rounded out the decade in style, with out of town guests and a party! Our dear friends Roberta and Matt were visiting from London and spent the last couple nights with us, so to celebrate 2010 and their visit we had a party. It was very fun and I got to try out two new (and very easy) recipes: Barefoot Contessa's Bay Scallop Gratin (it's in the her green cookbook) and S'Mores (I'll try to get recipes for both onto the blog), but the S'Mores is something that I really hope you try! So easy and so good! My Mom made some marshmallows the other day (why else, because she was bored) and gave them to me, so I made a thick and buttery graham cracker crust, cut it into cookies, added a big homemade marshmallow and doused it in Dilettante chocolate sauce and viola! you have a delicious and super simple dessert (next time I may go the extra mile and get one of those torches to toast the marshmallows).

1 comment: